Disability Support Services Maitland & Hunter Valley
High quality. Individualised support.
We are OVOC
Our Voice Our Choice was established to provide support and facilitation to individuals wishing to attain Goals and objectives across all aspects of their lives. The underlying principal is to provide ‘enabling’ resources and support in line with people’s wishes and needs.
We recognise and affirm that every individual has equal value, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, culture or ability and seek to deliver the most positive outcome possible for any person utilising Our Voice Our Choice services. Regardless of your needs, background or health, OVOC can offer customised and person-centered NDIS supports to all people of Maitland, Newcastle, the Hunter Valley, Port Stephens and Central Coast regions.
I'm looking for care for someone
Talk to our friendly team.
I'm looking for care for myself
We are a Registered NDIS Provider
OVOC provides Disability & Mental Health Services in Newcastle and the Lake Macquarie area. We specialise in Community Access, Supported Group Accomodation (Holidays), Capacity Building & Support Coordination.
Want to join our team?
Our Voice Our Choice is always on the lookout for talented new staff to join our diverse and growing team.
Including You Tent
Frequently Asked Questions
There are around 4.3 million Australians who have a disability. Within the next five years, the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will provide more than $22 billion in funding a year to an estimated 500,000 Australians who have permanent and significant disability. For many people, it will be the first time they receive the disability support they need.
The NDIS can provide all people with disability with information and connections to services in their communities such as doctors, sporting clubs, support groups, libraries and schools, as well as information about what support is provided by each state and territory government.
NDIS – What does it mean?
- National: The NDIS is being introduced progressively across all states and territories.
- Disability: The NDIS provides support to eligible people with intellectual, physical, sensory, cognitive and psychosocial disability. Early intervention supports can also be provided for eligible people with disability or children with developmental delay.
- Insurance: The NDIS gives all Australians peace of mind if they, their child or loved one is born with or acquires a permanent and significant disability, they will get the support they need.
- Scheme: The NDIS is not a welfare system. The NDIS is designed to help people get the support they need so their skills and independence improve over time.
NDIS key words
- Permanent and significant disability: A permanent disability means your disability is likely to be lifelong. A significant disability has a substantial impact on your ability to complete everyday activities.
- Supports and services: Assistance or products that help a person in their daily life and help them participate in the community and reach their Goals.
- Early intervention: Providing support to a person, either a child or an adult, as early as possible to reduce the impacts of disability or developmental delay and to build their skills and independence.
OVOC can provide Supported Independent Living (SIL), Community Access, Respite/Short Term/Medium Term Accommodation, Coordination of Supports and Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA).
We are based in the Hunter region but can provide services Australia-wide. Our office is located in Maitland, the heart of the Hunter Valley.
Your NDIS plan is all about you and your individual Goals. It outlines your Goals and the supports you will receive from the NDIS, the community and other government supports to help you achieve those Goals.
If you need any help understanding or using your plan you will find the my NDIS contact details on the front page of your plan.
There are two sections in the plan that are all about achieving your Goals, making it a clearer and more user-friendly format.
1. “How will I achieve this goal” – this will help you with attaining your Goals.
And 2. “How will I be supported?” – this will help you understand who will support you with this goal.
The Goals in your plan will also be matched up with the different funded supports: Core, Capacity-building and Capital. Some people might have one funded support and others may have all three.
For your personalised funded supports, there is a total budget making it easier to monitor and use it flexibly where you can.
Your journey with OVOC
Our team will liaise with you to organise a complimentary strategy session. We will discuss your Goals, ambitions and NDIS plan. This will help us see how OVOC can help you.
We will design a tailored Roster Of Care (ROC) and service agreement reflecting your aspirations and overarching Goals. You can visit our homes to see if we are the right fit for you.
We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we operate, live and gather as employees, and recognise their continuing connection to land, water and community. We pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
We pay our respects to those amongst the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and intersex communities who have worked to support the improved health and wellbeing of their peers, children, families, friends, and country. We honour the elders in the diverse communities of which we are a part and we celebrate the extraordinary diversity of people’s bodies, genders, sexualities, and relationships that they represent.
2022 NSW State Winner For Excellence in Customer Relations
2021 NSW State Winner For Excellence in Customer Relations
It is with great pride we announce that we have been appointed the NSW State Winner for excellence in customer relations by the Australian Achiever Awards for a second year in a row in 2021. We are enormously proud of our team and the ongoing commitment and dedication that they display towards their roles – they are the reason we are able to make a difference!